Welcome to Stop 9 on the Stampin’ Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up’s new Summer Mini is coming on May 1st!!! If you’re going forward’s through the hop, you just saw all the cool things Stampin’Shell did with Rough Type, the new alphabet stamp set. I’ve been playing with the New, Totally Cool, Really Awesome Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper! It’s soooo cool! It’s white paper with white embossed images. Basically, you use it like you would any resist technique. I’ve had so much fun playing with it!!!
The first project I’m going to share is a 12×12 scrapbook page.
This is a one of my Great Grandma Smith’s recipes that she wrote out for my mom. At the bottom is a note saying to give me a big hug. The picture of course is her when she was young. When I was looking at the paper, the thought in my mind was of pages laying randomly on a table. That’s the look I was going for. I used our new Log Cabin Smooch Spray on the Presto Patterns DSP for the background. It’s got a nice bronzy feel to it. The flower is one of our Flurettes dyed with More Mustard Reinker with a Vintage Brad in the center. The photo is mounted on whisper white stamped with Vintage Vogue in Creamy Caramel. I kept thinking that I hadn’t done enough with the page, but at the same time, can’t think of anything else that wouldn’t distract. I’m going to put it in a shadow box and hang it on the wall.
Project Number 2 is a note card for a special girlfriend.
The yellow background is the Presto Patterns DSP. I took the More Mustard and water mix I used to dye the crocheted flower and sponged it onto the paper. It turned out really well. In person, it’s closer to So Saffron than More Mustard. The card base is Always Artichoke. The saying is from Favorite Thoughts (a new Summer Mini Stamp set) and the images are from Vintage Vogue which I understand is supposed to make it into the new catty! I used Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum and So Saffon Ink. The brads are So Saffron.
My last project is a card I really like. . . . .
Here’s a second view so you can see the shimmer. . . .
I really love this card! Isn’t the shimmer just so cool! I used the new Awash with Flowers set that will be in the new catty for the flower and the saying is from Favorite Thoughts again. The green background is the Presto Patterns DSP, brayered with Certainly Celery and then sprayed with the Vanilla Smooch Spray. I LOVE IT!!!! I used Not Quite Navy and Whisper White cardstock. The inks are Not Quite Navy, Bordering Blue and Certainly Celery. The buttons are from Fresh Favorites I.
I have had so much fun playing with this paper. I’ve sprayed it with smooch spray, brayered it with ink, sponged it with reinkers, sponged it with reinkers and water, and with a cotton ball that had alcohol and reinker on it. All gave different looks but I didn’t have time to create a project with each, so you just got my favorites. You have so got to try this paper! (and I have so got to cut down on the sugar!!!)
Well, my time’s up – it’s time to send you on your way to the next stop, which is Melissa who will be showing you a really cool new stamp set called Watercolor Trio! Let me know what you think and I’ll see you next time!
The hop is over now – but you can use any of the links below to see the wonderful projects from the hop!
1. AlliOhran (Allison): Builder Wheels (flowers)
2. Yapha: Builder Wheels (Birthday)
3. Carmen: Sweet Scoops
4. cre8tivestamper (Barbara) In A Word/Square Lattice Embossing Folder
5. CindyE (Cindy): Itty Bitty Bits
6. catrules (Holly): Elements of Style
7. broncomom (Joyce): Mostly Vintage Stencil
8. Stampin’Shell (Michelle): Rough Type
9. dmdezigns (Dawnmarie): Presto Patterns DSP
10. Melissa: Watercolor Trio
11. MaryR (Mary): Simply Adorned charms
12. lilyinkpad (Sara): Favorite Thoughts
13. tjdstampsalot (Twila): Blissful Bride
14. willsygirl (Sarah): Bouquet Bunch
15. s1itcher46 (Kim): A Little Bit of Magic
16. Pepesmom (Trina): Sentimental Journey
17. skdeeleuw (Krystal): Go, Graduate
18. hcarnes (Heather): First Day
19. rhondag (Rhonda): Island Oasis DSP/Island Floral/Tropical Party
20. HollyLogic (Holly): Island Floral Bigz Die (Christmas ideas)
21. LisaMNaples (Lisa): July Fourth/Red, White & Blue jumbo wheel
22. WebDeb (Deb): All a Flutter
23. Tanya27 (Tanya): Motorcycle