You may have noticed (or not) that my blog address recently changed. I’ve got my own url now! Along with that I’m planning some changes for my blog. In the past, this has been a strictly crafting blog and pretty much all the posts revolved around a project. I’ve decided to start putting some of my life into this blog as well. So there will still be crafting projects, but I’m hoping there will also be a little bit more of me and my life. I hope everyone enjoys the change.
So, it is November, and that means it’s time for new goals. I was a little ambitious last time. I forgot to factor in football season into my goals. I’m not going to do the same thing this time. I’m going to remember it’s the holidays as I’m making my goals. You’ll probably notice that as it’s the holiday season, my goals are more focused on family and keeping my sanity than on lots of projects. That’s by design. I’ve always felt that Christmas was about spending time with those your love. I’m keeping that in mind as I set my goals.
Here we go, my goals for November and December:
1. Compete in the baking contest at my company’s fall festival – that’s actually this week!
2. Spend thanksgiving with my hubby’s family in Mississippi.
3. Complete the Digital Scrapbook I’m working on of this years fun times and send it to the printer.
4. Finish Binding the Verna Quilt.
5. Have a girls day with my Dalton family.
6. See my Ar family at Christmas.
7. Not let my job get to me - Remember it’s a job, it’s a paycheck. It’s not who I am. It doesn’t define me. I am more than what happens from 9 to 6.
8. Create a digital Christmas Card and get it printed, addressed and mailed out!
9. Be reasonable in choosing my Christmas baking projects.
10. Finish my Christmas shopping.
11. Quilt and Bind the baby quilt I started.
12. Complete my Secret Santa Swap project and get it in the mail by the deadline!
And here’s the last update for my Sept/Oct goals - I didn’t do as well as I hoped, but I think I took on too much. I guess we live and learn.
1) Go to a couple of football games with my Mississippi family. STATUS: We’ve been to several games and had a great time. We took my nephew tailgating for the first time too!
2) Make 15 of my Christmas cards. STATUS: I seem to have stalled on this one. Maybe I just need to do digital cards this year. . . .
3) Quilt and Bind the baby quilt I started. STATUS: MUST GET STARTED SOON!
4) Cut and sew my “Awesome” quilt top STATUS: CANCELLED - I’ve changed my mind and decided to do a different project after the first of the year.
5) Sew the “Origins” project. STATUS: COMPLETED (well, except for 1 little peice of velcro, but that doesn’t count right?)
6) Bind “Wrapped in Paisley” quilt. STATUS: Completed and Delivered.
7) Catch up on my scrapbooking.
8.) Start the Georgia quilt if I have time.
9) Pick fabric and make my kitchen project. STATUS: Cancelled. I can’t find fabric I like, so I’m postponing this one till next year as well.
10) Go to the Theater with my Dalton Family. STATUS: Trying to schedule a new girl’s outing for December
11) Go see my Grandma in NC. STATUS: We had a wonderful visit with my Grandma! It was so nice to see her again.
12) Spend some time with the girls. STATUS: Had a great girls day out – went to several restaurants, the Little 5 Points Halloween parade, and in general just really enjoyed spending some quality time with my girlfriends.
13) NEW – Bind the Verna quilt I just got back from the long arm quilter. STATUS: The binding is about half done. Just need to finish it.