I know, I know I’m already doing the FMQ challenge and a 2012 UFO Challenge. Do I really need another challenge? I think I do. It’s important to have balance in your life, right? So I’ll be working to learn a new skill and to finish projects I’ve already started with the first 2 challenges.
The 2012 NewFO Challenge is about starting new projects. Who doesn’t love to start a new project? And since I need to balance out all that project finishing I’m going to do, I have to join this one.
We’re just starting our adoption journey and with any luck we’ll have a baby in the next 12 to 18 months if not sooner. That means I need to work on some baby projects this year so there’s several of those on my list for the 2012 FO Challenge.
1. Doodle Bugs Quilt (picture from Kariepatch.com, kit is available)***
2. Oyler Baby Quilt – I don’t have a picture of my sketch yet, I’ll post it later. It’s inspired by a star quilt I saw online, but can’t remember where. It’s going to be yellow, green, denim and khaki which I think will keep it gender neutral.
3. Baby Blankets – these are using some quilting flannel I picked up on Black Friday. Just simple, quick recieving blankets, no real pattern. – DONE!
4. Miss Mimi BOM applique (picture from One piece at a time, center block available for purchase) ****
5. Diaper Bag – I’m still picking the pattern for this one, but I’m thinking I’ll go with black and white prints and lime green accents. – DONE!!
6. Paw Paw tshirt quilt for DH – this quilt will be a memory quilt for my dh using his Dad’s tshirts
7. Paw Paw tshirt quilt for Connor – memory quilt for my nephew using Paw Paw’s tshirts
8. Ghastlies Quilt by Aldiza – I soooo want to make this! ***
9. Burp Cloths and Bibs – Burp Cloths DONE!!! probably going to pass on the bibs till after Baby is here.
10. Flannel Squares quilt using Adoring Fabric – This one’s all your fault Barbara.***
11. Sew Cuddly Blanket – a girly minkee blanket kit that I really just need to actually do something with!
12. MSU Rag Quilt ***
***Note – since I haven’t made these projects yet, I don’t have pictures of them. I have linked to the source for all pictures. Clicking on the name of the project will take you to the source of the picture and the project. From there you can either purchase the pattern, find a link to the store, or find instructions. Any future pictures of these projects will be my own.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m getting so excited for 2012!!!